What to do in the event of an accident?
Stop at the scene:
- Stop and inform the Gardaí if any injuries have occurred asap.
- Do not attempt to move seriously injured parties.
- Inform other traffic and summon assistance if required.
- Call 112 for Emergency Services.
Do not admit liability:
- Regardless of who is to blame, do not admit liability. If you do so, it may invalidate your insurance.
Record driver and car details:
- Write down all the other driver's details.
- Also ensure you record all witness details. Do this promptly as they may leave the scene of the accident.
- Record the accident details, including date, time, location, weather and visability.
Take a photograph of the scene:
- If possible, make sure you take a photograph of the scene and any other key details.
Call 01 429 8482 for a free tow to Spirit Motor Group*
Applies to Greater Dublin Area only.